Our mission is to simply follow the divine example given to us in the Bible. When you visit our services, you will find a loving and friendly atmoshpere.
What to expect when you visit us
Worship is a gift given to us by God and we delight in His love, mercy and power. During services each Lord’s Day, we practice those things that are commanded in the New Testament.
- Announcements to open services- This is done to stay informed of actions and work of the church. In addition, we are informed of those requesting the prayers of the congregation, those traveling and those who are sick.
- Congregational (a cappella; non-instrumental) singing, both before and after services- Our song director leads us in congregational singing using hymns found in the Sacred Selections songbook. The New Testament teaches us to sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to edify each other and to glorify both God and Christ (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16)
- Prayer- will be offered by one of the men, as he leads and directs our thoughts together (I Timothy 2:14)
- Lord’s Supper- Taken each Lord’s Day, this is offered to all Christians in memory of the death and sacrifice of Jesus Christ (I Corinthians 11:23-26)
- Collection- will be taken from our members as a mean’s of supporting our work. Early Christians did this each Lord’s Day and we follow that example. Visitors are under no obligation and are not expected to contribute to this collection.
- Sermon- will be preached by our Evangelist. This sermon will help us further understand God’s word and how to apply it in our daily lives. We will continually be directed to scripture to show the audience that we are, indeed, preaching God’s word. (2 Timothy 3:16-17). We encourage you to follow along in either your own Bible or one found in front of your seat. At the front of the congregation, scripture will also be displayed on the projection screen behind the Evangelist.
- Invitation- An invitation is extended to anyone who needs to obey the gospel. This involves faith in Christ, repentance of past sins, confessing Jesus as lord and being immersed in water for the forgiveness of sins. This is also a time for anyone who feels that their life is not as God would have it to be and requests prayer from the congregation on their behalf.
- We always welcome questions or comments, so feel free to do either. We will be happy to discuss any questions you may have in more detail.